Thursday, January 07, 2010

The Return of Anglo-Saxon Aloud

After a fairly long hiatus, Anglo-Saxon Aloud returns. I have decided to do at least some Ælfric and am beginning with The Lives of the Saints, using the Rev. Walter W. Skeat's 1881 EETS edition. Today I put up the Preface.

I am not promising that I'll do all the Lives of the Saints like I did all of Wulfstan's homilies, but this is at least a start, and I'll keep going until I (or you) get bored and then will shift, possibly, to the OE translation of Boethius.

Also, due to really surprisingly strong holiday demand, I only have a few more copies of Beowulf Aloud and Anglo-Saxon Aloud: Greatest Hits, so if you were holding off on getting one, now's a good time, as I don't know when I'll be able to get them re-printed when I run out of the copies I have now.

Thanks for your patience with Anglo-Saxon Aloud. I hope it is useful to you.

No comments: