Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Things only amusing to academics

Yesterday we had to interview a grad student who is going to be part of our teaching fellows program. Rather than appointing a committee, I just grabbed the person who will be the mentor and the person who will be interim chair when I'm doing research next year.

Me: "So here you have the current Chair [me], next year's interim Chair, the person who will be the Chair the year after that [me], and the person who will be taking over Chair when I'm done. We're a veritable Bob's Discount Furniture of professors."





Well, I thought it was funny.

1 comment:

Liz Ditz said...

Struck my funnybone.

Right now I am in a wrangle with a local university over the issue of a bagpiper for a memorial service.

Universities are intrinsically humorous.